Thursday, November 17, 2011

A poem from Home!

      The other day I got a letter from my brother; it was nice. I love getting letters from my family! In the letter there was a poem that he had written for the youth in my branch, and I just loved it so much I thought I should post it on my blog. I never knew that my brother was a poet! Here it is:



                        The power of today in becoming one
  When the morning light shines so bright and true we must
                        Get up and decide what to do.
As the sky turns blue what happens to day is up to you.
 Never before have you had such power because just
 Yesterday you used each hour to accomplish the things
                           That means most to you.
 Yesterday is now gone and you have only today to make
                       Your life great, do not delay.
 Get down on your knees and start to pray and thank god
                                        For today.
 Now is the time to get up and work, take time to relax but
 Don’t ever shirk the things you must do to discover the
     Power you have today, to change you world in a very
                                         Special way.
 Never forget the power of one, one hour, one day, one year,
                       But most important one person.
                  It is never too late to strive to be great.
 God loves you now as much as ever, and yet he wants to
                          Be with you forever.
 So don’t you quit, but do today that what must                                                        And you will soon discover that you have become
                                            One with the father and the son.

Is that great, or what? It makes me want to become a better person! In the last little part it talks about the importance of one person. there is so much importance in just one person -- you! Me! All of us have a part in God's plan.

This reminds me of a verse in D&C 18:10: "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God!"

If you have worth in the sight of God then you surely have oodles of worth. Never get down; always remember that God knows how much you are worth, and remember that He wants you to become something more than you ever thought you could or would become!

No comments:

Post a Comment